Thursday, April 21, 2005

Some Days It Pours

They say that when it rains, it pours. This past week feels like I have been in the midst of a torrential downpour. It began with little whispers about my ministry. Little whispers that I needed someone to come save the day. Little whispers that the vision I had been given was off. Little whispers that when listened to can start to erode the foundation that is being laid. The week continued with a battle with sin. For the last month, my spiritual life had been soaring on the heights. I had been standing on the mountaintop victorious. This week, I have fallen off the mountain, and I am trudging through the valley. I am standing my ground and fighting valiantly, but sometimes I fall. Yet, I get up and stand my ground again. Amongst all of this, I am trying to discern what God has been trying to say to me. I hurt, I fall, I doubt. To whom can I turn, to whom can I run. My strength and my refuge is and has been God, he is all I need, but some days I wish he would speak openly and sit in the chair next to me like an old friend. Some days it pours, and on those days I cling to the Rock.

3 comments:

Mikey said...

this week has really sucked ass...not just for me, but i know that it has for a lot of people--call me sometime if you get bored, i miss talking to old friends.

Super Dave said...

what's your number?

Brad and Lindy said...

I hear you Super Dave. Psalm 62 is one of my favorites, especially at such times.

Pour out your heart to Him.