Thursday, April 07, 2005

Billy the Kid

Growing up, I became a fan of the Billy Dean song, "Billy the Kid". The song is about Billy missing his childhood and the way he would ride his bike around the neighborhood shooting bad guys from between the handlebars. Last night, I was bored at home so I headed over to Lincoln to cause a ruckus of some sort. I visited boys in the Hole, F1, and F2. While on F2, I learned that squeaky, Ross, Nolan, and Amanda were going to "borrow" some bikes and go for a ride. I thought this is not a major ruckus, but a ruckus nonetheless. So, after waiting for Amanda to get back from work, we proceeded to ride around the town of Lincoln at 12. We rode to Nate and Carson's apartment, Bumps Hizzy, Thorntons, and then we began searching for Crazy Zack whom we had lost. It was a great time. I looked like an idiot riding an old man's bike wearing a leather jacket. The bike I was on was Glorious. It had one of those ultra cushy spring seats, and it was a back pedal stop bike where you pedal backwards and it catches to brake you. I laid down some nice rubber on the sidewalk in front of the girls dorm thanks to this wonderful feature. Overall, it was a blast to ride around with a group of friends on bikes. I love being a big kid. Enjoying and remembering my childhood brings joy to my heart. I don't miss Davey the Kid because he has never left, he is still here partying like he did when he was a kid. Here's to bikes, friends, and laying down rubber.

4 comments:

Adam said...

did you leave long skid marks? I bet I can lay one longer than you I will go and get my dad's bike.

Super Dave said...

they were long mean and tough skids

Anonymous said...

did you take it off any sweet jumps

Brad and Lindy said...

I just went to hear a band at a "creative family dining bar" called Whipper Snappers. What exactly is "creative family dining?"