Monday, April 11, 2005

Broken Bikes and Broken Spirits

It seems everywhere I look lately I see people in pain. Some do a good job of hiding it, others don't. Some caused the pain themselves, some did not. But they all share a common theme of being in pain. Heartache, pain, frustration, dissappointment, depression, ugliness, hurt, suffering, common themes that bind together this ramshackle group of people we call humanity. No matter where you live or where you are from, we share the common bond of pain. Since sin entered the world, humanity's top reality has been pain. Love lost, sick bodies, friendships betrayed, stupid frustration, all pain, all hurt. My heart breaks for my friends who are in pain, who are hurting. Some days the pain seems like it will be endless that the night will last forever. I know that the night will not last forever but some days it seems like it will. I know God is near that his heart breaks more than mine about all the pain in our lives, but some days he seems so far away. Through the pain I see, I pray and cling to this, that joy comes with the morning.

Please, Lord of the Morning shine your joy upon my hurting friends, my hurting students, and my hurting self. May your grace be sufficent for each of us in the midst of our pain, may you reach out and take us into your arms of love, and slowly rock us as we offer our pain and hurt up to you. Heal us and set us free...

No comments: