Thursday, September 08, 2005

Friends! or Friends?

Many things in my life have changed in the last year. I moved out of my parent's house for good. I began my first full time ministry. I finally got past the second date barrier. I graduated from college. I began graduate work in seminary. I bought a motorcycle. Etc...

Even though all these things have changed, my social life and social circle has remained the same in many ways. I live in Mason City which is 20 miles from Lincoln so most of my social cirlce is made up of people who are students at LCC. My question for all of you who read this blog, now that I am in seminary should my time spent hanging out with college students change? I know where I come down on this question but I am curious what you think...

8 comments:

Adam said...

Well with most seminary students they are married and don't have a motorcycle. Stick with the college students but there are some cool people that aren't working stiffs. Try to make friends with them

pcg said...

S-Dave...I kinda see your concern, however, I do not see why your circle of friends needs to change simply because you are now in the "cemetary." Your friends are your friends... no need to change b/c you are no longer in class with them. Though, you may expand this circle by getting to know some fellow seminarians, as you'd all probably benefit from having similar classes, professors, etc.

Anonymous said...

i love you...that's all there is to it...

Mikey said...

I think that you should hang out with other college graduates...particularly ones that you went to school with

Lucas said...

I think you shouldn't ask us what we think. What do we know? Why are you still reading this?

pcg said...

I made my nerdiness known by my last comment...my bad

Adam said...

lucas- "what do we know"

1. the lumberjack song

2. where all the good guns in halo are

Knowing stuff is our thing

Anonymous said...

I say hang out with the college students! Or even better hang out with your youth group. We miss you from out here Super Dave!

~NH~