Monday, September 26, 2005

The Age of My Discontent

For the last couple weeks, I have been in a place where I lack contentment. The overall feel of my life is good. Its fun. Its exciting. Its Super. But one area gnaws at my spirit. It slowly seeps the life out of my heart no matter what I do, I continue to battle this lack of contenment. In ages past, I was able to be content no matter the circumstances. This area was the same but I was ok, I was content. As of late, a feeling of despair has set in. I don't know how to overcome it and return to a place of contentment. I know what scripture says. I know that God is good. I know patience is key. I know the best things come to those who trust and wait. Despite knowing all this, I ache. I cast my cares up to the Lord, and yet they remain. Is this my thorn to bear? Will it remain all my days? How long o Lord, how long?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel you...why is it so hard to truly be content?

pcg said...

Uh oh dave...has my discontentment rubbed off? ...if so, I still haven't found the cure, but I'll let you know
yes, i know...LCC answer=God is the cure...however, we know that's not always so easy