Monday, February 14, 2005

Singles Awareness Day

This one day of the year carries many emotions for many different people. For some, it is a day of immense joy and celebration of love. For others, it is a day of loneliness and bitterness. I have celebrated this day as Single's Awareness Day every year that I have been able to celebrate it. For most of those years, I celebrated (if you call what I did celebration when you mope around watching chick flicks crying in your dorm room ok maybe not the crying part) out of bitterness and angst towards all things feminine that had rejected me. Dang you shampoo and conditioner combo that burned my eyes. Dang you She-Ra doll that could fly better than Snake Eyes. Dang you Nair that turns boys legs orange when wrongly applied. But, I have changed my attitude. Even though today is another day that I celebrate this great holiday alone, I will celebrate it with joy and pride. The period of singleness is not a time to piss and moan about not having someone, its a time to live life to the full without anything to tie you down to chase after the wind and grasp it. So this Single's Awareness day, I choose to let it be a day of adventure and excitement.

1 comment:

Brad and Lindy said...

I use it as yet another excuse to eat Ben and Jerry's. Of course, I don't have an excuse any other day of the year...but it never stops me!!