Thursday, February 17, 2005

Phantom Injuries

I have discovered my weakness. Every super hero has a weakness and now I know mine. I suffer from a malady I refer to as "phantom injuries". I retire to bed at night fully healthy with all parts of my body functioning properly, then when I wake up in the morning something hurts. For instance, today I woke up and my left shoulder is in pain. It feels like I tackled someone with it. Did I tackle anyone yesterday? NO! A reoccuring "phantom injury" is my right shoulder. I will wake up and have pain when I try to rotate my arm, or my knee will hurt when I try to stand up and put weight on it. Some mornings it feels like I fought an army of super villians in my sleep, which could be possible. I have yet to discover the root of these problems. Does anyone else suffer from phantom injuries?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...whilst i am thinking of it, the media center has finally released a tape of the national youth leaders conference of this last year...that is, if you are still interested and all....

Anonymous said...

perhaps you sleep walk.....or...or.....you should check into getting one of those egg foamy things that are extra padding on your bed......no evil force can go defeat the power of the egg crate thingy....

Adam said...

Believe it or not it could be your mattress. Being a mattress salesman I can guess you are sleeping on your side which will keep hurting everynight. And the older you get the longer it stays. I have a mattress that will get rid of the pain but you have to shell out 1200.00

Brad and Lindy said...

Adam, what mattress do you recommend?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should just stop sleeping?