Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Invest

"Great leaders are built more often than they are found! Invest in someone today!"
 -Craig Groeschel, Pastor of Lifechurch.tv

Not only is that true for leaders, but that is also true for disciples.  Very rarely does someone become a follower of Christ on their own.  Usually, a person's faith journey is travelled with others.  Someone comes along and helps fan the spark of belief into a roaring fire of passionte faith. 

At least, that is how it happened in my life. I was raised going to church every Sunday.  I had a spark of belief.  I heard about Jesus often and I believed, but it was the influence of some wonderful people that fanned my spark into a passionate fire.  My mom nutured my faith and demonstrated her quiet faith.  My dad revealed God's power to transform lives. Tom inspired me to speak out about Christ to my friends and neighbors. Randy lived with a joy and passion that was infectious.  Each of these people took time to care for me, teach me, and inspire me to follow Jesus with my all.  I would not be man I am today.  I would not be the Pastor I am today without the investment of these people.  Thank you to each one.  

Who invested in your life so that your spark become a passionate fire?  

Whose life will you invest in so that their spark will become a passionate fire?  

Who are you investing in?

No comments: