Monday, November 14, 2005

Broken, I Fall...

There are times when something happens in your life that exposes who you really are, you see past the hopeful and into the real. Today, I have begun to see. I am not the man I want to be. I am not the man I hope to be. I am not the man I thought I was.

I thought I was kind. I thought I was loving. I thought I had integrity. I thought I was honest. I thought I could be trusted. I thought I was honorable. I thought I guarded my relationships with diligence. Well, I thought wrong.

I have come face to face with the fact that I am in desperate need of forgiveness. I have seen that I have light years to go in being Christ like. I am so far from being like Jesus. I need your help Lord, make me like you. Change me, mold me, break me, make me into the man I am called to be.

I am terribly sorry. I am broken. I fall...

3 comments:

pcg said...

Well, what good would mistakes be if we didn't learn from them? I, too, have seen that my words, actions, thoughts...all carry more meaning and importance than I originally cared to notice. So I guess I've learned something too haha.

Lucas said...

Dave, I know that when your soul is laid bare... God is not disappointed at all.

Anonymous said...

there is something that is liberating when you warrant your all to Him. It requires more faith then ever, but lay down before the Lord and He surely will strengthen and build you.