Monday, April 25, 2011

Free

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8:32

Yesterday was Resurrection Sunday or more commonly known as Easter Sunday!  What a great and glorious day!  The sun was shining!  The weather was warm in New England.  Best of all, the tomb was still empty as it has been ever since that first Easter morning some 2,000 years ago.  Jesus is not in the grave!  As the angel proclaimed, he is alive! He has risen just as he said!

In light of Resurrection Sunday, I am reminded that I am free!  The chains that once held me, the bonds that once kept me in have been broken.  Not by my power, but by Christ.  He has defeated sin, death, and the evil one.  His death on the cross paid the price for my sin.  His resurrection broke the power of sin.  It holds no sway.  I am free.  I have been bought with a price.  I am free. 

Some days I forget that I am a free man.  I begin to believe the lies of satan that I am still chained, still bound.  I begin to lift my chains again, but Jesus shines his truth into my life that I may know that I am free.  My chains have been broken.  I have been transformed by his power and I am being transformed!  I am free. 

Are you free?

No comments: